About OTAN Training
OTAN is pleased to offer both online and face-to-face workshops for adult educators and staff throughout California! Funded through the California Department of Education, OTAN’s staff development classes, online workshops and course materials are provided at no cost to the school or individual. There are some basic requirements that must be met for both types of workshops and they are listed below, please review them before registering or requesting a class.
From the selection of classes OTAN offers, your staff can learn how to retrieve educational materials or collaborate with colleagues across the state, how to create classroom activities using word processing and spreadsheet programs, or how to create podcasts, web pages, digital movies and blogs! Be sure to checkout the course descriptions for both the face-to-face sessions as well as the online workshops! All of the workshops are planned to fit a wide variety of skill levels so everyone benefits!
For more information regarding the classes offered by OTAN, lab and equipment specifications, or setting up a face-to-face training in your area, please call our Training staff at: 800-894-3113 (CA only) or 916-228-2580. You can also email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Face-to-Face Workshop Requirements:
- The lab must contain at least one computer for every individual enrolled in a class - including the instructor.
- The Internet connection must be at least a T1 line.
- All computers being used must have Internet Explorer 7.x or Firefox 3.x or later and Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0 or later.
- OTAN’s Web site and its contents must be accessible on every computer used during a class.
- The instructor’s computer station is connected to an LCD projector and there is a screen for class viewing. (If a projector and/or instructor station is not available, OTAN can provide one).
- 10 participants must be registered 10 days prior to the workshop.
- All Microsoft Office workshops require the appropriate version of Microsoft Office to be installed.
- Appropriate equipment or software for other workshops must be provided as necessary.
Minimum System Requirements for Participating in Online Workshops:
- Broadband Internet connection (DSL, Cable modem or faster, no dial-up).
- Computer with speakers or headphones.
- Active email account through registration for the workshop as an OTAN member.
- Some workshops have other special requirements, please read the workshop descriptions carefully.
- OPTIONAL: A microphone connected to your computer will enable you to talk directly with your presenter, but it is not necessary. Participants can type questions at any time.
- Online workshops require a minimum of 6 participants. Fewer than that subject the workshop to cancellation.