Registration Now Open: National Conference on Effective Transitions in Adult Education 2012
Posted on 09/26/2012
Registration (www) has now opened for The Sixth Annual National Conference on Effective Transitions in Adult Education, to be held from November 7-9, 2012 in Providence, RI.
The Effective Transitions Conference, with this year's theme of "Promoting College and Career Readiness for Adults" is targeted to adult and postsecondary educators and administrators, particularly those working with student populations in transition.
Dr. Brenda Dann-Messier, Assistant Secretary for Vocational and Adult Education, will be a keynote speaker at the conference, and workshop topics for this year's conference will include these and other topics:
- Promising practices for career pathways and programs
- Preparing students for college-level reading, writing, and math
- Building student self-efficacy
Preconference sessions (www) will also be offered and include these titles:
- From Set Back to Bounce Back: Nurturing Resilience in Transitions Students
- Aligning Learners' Aspirations with Time Habits
- Exploring and Using The Life Skills, College, and Career Readiness Guide for ESOL Learners in Your Classrooms ( too!)
- Providing Comprehensive Student Supports: Role of the Navigator
- Developing Skills to Succeed in Postsecondary Education in Students with Learning Disabilities