2011 Annual Statistical Report on the GED® Test Now Available
Posted on 07/19/2012
The 2011 Annual Statistical Report (pdf) on the GED® Test is now available at no cost to view and download. The 92-page publication is the 54th statistical report in the 70 year history of the GED® Test.
The report provides critical facts and information about test-takers and results, including:
- Candidate demographics, including gender, ethnicity, and long-term goals of 2011 test-takers
- Test performance statistics
- Historical data
- Trends across time
- State-by-state as well as international data
Some key findings from the report include these facts:
- More than 723,000 adults worldwide took at least one of the five GED® content area tests in 2011.
- Approximately 631,000 individuals completed their GED® test in 2011.
- Almost 454,000 men and women met the passing standard on the test by earning scores equal to or higher than the top 60 percent of graduating high school seniors.
The GED Testing Service® develops and administers the one official GED® test used in all 50 U.S. states, District of Columbia, U.S. insular areas, Canadian provinces and territories, the U.S. military, and federal correctional institutions, and partners with state and local testing programs to deliver the test to nearly 800,000 adults every year. In addition, the GED Testing Service® certifies the more than 3,000 official testing centers around the world, sets standards for and trains state and local professionals in secure test handling and proctoring and enacts and enforces national testing policies. For more information, visit GED Testing Service®.
Acrobat Reader (www) required to view and download PDF documents.