The Current State of Adult Education, an infographic and a snapshot
Posted on 07/31/2014
According to Katie Lepi, "there are many, many adults participating in the educational landscape – from the student end." In this blog post on Edudemic , she offers a bullet point list of the current state of Adult Education in the US:
- In the US adult education is a $104 billion industry
- 38% of all postsecondary learners are adult students
- Adults represent the fastest growing population in higher education
- The average tuition for community college is $3,131, for public college $8,893, and for private college, $29,056
- 85% of employers offer some type of reimbursement for tuition
- The student financial aid and scholarships office awards $320 million in scholarships annually, and 78% of applicants receive some sort of financial aid from them
- Personal growth, learning something new, and keeping up with the job market are the main reasons adults say they go back to school
- 80% of baby boomers intent to keep working past retirement
- 62% of baby boomers think they need to attain new skills to continue working
- Adult students who go back to school show a 22% return on their investment, as opposed to a 12% return for traditional students
This infographic offers an-easy-to-follow breakdown of return on investment in education based on the level of educational degree.
Source: Edudemic.com | The Current State of Adult Education by Katie Lepi - June 18, 2014
Upskill America: Creating Pathways to the Middle-Class
OTAN Photo | Randy Bayne This week, the President visited Los Angeles Trade Technical College...
Blended Learning: Resource Roundup
For a May 19, 2014 post, Ashley Cronin and the team collected resources from Edutopia...
National Movement to Offer Students Alternative Pathways to Careers and College Gains Momentum in 8 Pathways Network States
Eight states that are members of the Pathways to Prosperity Network have launched or dramatically expanded...